Jennifer Donovan has spent years designing and delivering effective social media strategies for clients across the globe. For the past 5 years, Jennifer has combined her passion for teaching, hands on expertise and strategic knowledge to teach others how to design, implement and execute social media strategies. She has trained hundreds of new and seasoned social media users on how to select and optimize social channels to meet their organizational objectives.
Level 1: Social Media for PR Professionals
Attendees leave with: a baseline understanding of the value of social media for business, how to get started, and how to quickly realize business value. This is intended as a introductory training for those with a baseline knowledge of social media and limited activity on personal social media sites for business use.Click to learn more and Register!
- Getting started
- Basic do’s and dont’s
- Why social media matters in Communications today
- How social has changed PR and how to capitalize on it
- Optimize your Twitter and LinkedIn profiles: profile pictures, descriptions, hashtags, and more to communicate your personal brand, promote your business and position yourself as a thought-leader
- Why listening is the first step to take before getting more engaged on social media
- How often do you have to Tweet, post on LinkedIn, etc to be impactful and effective
- Which hashtags to use, why that matters, elements of the perfect Tweet, etc.
- Engagement that goes beyond the simple Retweet or Like
- Build relationships with clients, media, influencers, etc on social media
- Show your personality – add a bit of personal flare to your content mix
- Follow and share relevant content
- Authentic engagement
- Learn about simple tools to get you started – from TweetDeck to Canva
Level 2: Power Your PR with Social Media
Attendees leave with: actionable information and ideas to enhance your personal business as well as bring more opportunity to every client through integrated PR and Social Media campaigns. This workshop is intended for those who have active social media profiles and an intermediate knowledge of how to engage on social media channels, but looking to take that activity to the next level to garner more results.Click to learn more and Register!
- Social Media for PR Best Practices
- Extending the shelf-life of PR campaigns and client results. Create a long-tail on the amplification
- Increasing engagement
- The importance of visuals – photos, videos, graphics, quote cards
- Authentic engagement
- How to spot social media opportunities for clients
- Determining which platforms make sense for clients
- Understanding how to personalize content for each social media channel and audience
- Content creation and storytelling
- Social Media tools – TweetDeck to Canva
- Measurement – Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, LinkedIn Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Bit.ly
- Best practices for when to create and use personal vs. branded social media accounts
- Media, analyst and influencer relations via Twitter – learning, listening and engaging for stronger relationships
Level 3: Social Media for PR Pros Deep Dive (to be offered in 2016)Click to learn more!
- Social Media mapped to business goals
- Monitor clients Twitter feeds for opportunities, competitive insight, product feedback, leads, etc
- Social media integration in all Communications activity – working within client base with marketing, comms, HR, customer support teams to bring more power to PR and social through integration
- Leveraging social media to bring awareness for conferences, events, etc.
- How to build a social media content calendar
- Proactive versus reactive ways to capitalize on social media
- How to analyze your web stats to see what’s working, and what’s not
Individual Social Network Trainings
Twitter for Business
The Twitter for Business training is intended to give participants a baseline understanding of Twitter, how to leverage it for business, and quickly realize business benefits.
- How Twitter works and why it’s important for businesses
- How to create a profile
- How to follow the right people
- Finding your brand voice and personality
- How to best communicate as a business on Twitter
- Engagement: retweeting, commenting, modified tweets
- Elements of a perfect tweet
- What are hashtags and how to use them
- Twitter chats
- Best practices and etiquette
- Creating engaging and “findable” content
- Calls to action
- Posting links and best tools to shorten URLs
- Twitter lists
LinkedIn for Business
The LinkedIn for Business training is intended to give participants a baseline understanding of LinkedIn, how to leverage it for business, and quickly realize business benefits. Click to learn more!
- What’s the potential of LinkedIn for business
- Optimizing your profile
- Building your network
- Uncover leads and contacts with advanced search
- Who’s viewing you and what to do about it
- Mobile application
- Joining and participating in LinkedIn Groups
- Adding multimedia to make your profile stand out
- 1 training: $375
- 2 trainings: $695
- 3 trainings: $950
- 1-1 individual trainings: 2 hours of personalized training or consulting $500
- Customized trainings: Cost based on needs
For more details about customized trainings or if you have additional questions, email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.